It’s important to get enough sleep. Sleep helps keep your mind and body healthy. As a new school year, starts sleep will definitely be important for your children and you as the busy schedules begin. Many people believe they can work well with limited sleep, but it will catch up with you. Encourage your high school and college students to not do all-night study sessions before a test. They should study a little each day which will better prepare them to have clarity and focus when taking a test. SLEEP IS YOUR SUPERPOWER
How much sleep do I need?
Most adults need 6 to 8 hours of good quality sleep on a regular schedule each night. Make changes to your routine if you can’t find enough time to sleep.
Getting enough sleep isn’t only about total hours of sleep. It’s also important to get good quality sleep on a regular schedule so you feel rested when you wake up.
How much sleep do children need?
Kids need even more sleep than adults. (Recommendation)
- Teens need 8 to 10 hours of sleep each night.
- School-aged children need 9 to 12 hours of sleep each night.
- Preschoolers need to sleep between 10 and 13 hours a day (including naps).
- Toddlers need to sleep between 11 and 14 hours a day (including naps).
- Babies need to sleep between 12 and 16 hours a day (including naps).